Volunteer from Spain, San Sebastian Iñaki Diez
Period of volunteer service: 23.01.2022 – 30.12.2022.
Project Number: 2020-2-EE01-ESC13-078068
Project title: European Solidarity in Action
Sending organisation: YesEuropa – Asociación “Building Bridges”
Coordinating organisation: MTÜ Noortevahetuse Arengu Ühing EstYES
Project Venues: Tallinn (NGO Youth Club Active), Tammispea Village (NGO Youth Centre Vihasoo), Estonia
The long-term goal of this project is providing the volunteer an opportunity to learn and
develop through working with children and youngsters in the youth organization, having a direct contact with local ethnic minority community and a possibility to impact them directly.
The objectives of this projects include:
- introducing the volunteer Inaki to the concept of non-formal learning through Solidarity Corps priorities;
- creating an appropriate timetable for Inaki in accordance with his needs, expectations and skills;In our case Inaki leaded Spanish language workshop, managed different events like intercultural evenings, also helped to English teacher with English language classes, worker in the Raadiku flat and managed open youth work in Youth Club Active.
- facilitating the process of self-assessment for both the volunteer and the youth in Estonia;
- providing to the participant with opportunities to develop a workshop routine to realize his admissions and aspirations, on a voluntary basis;
- promoting intercultural communication and diversity through involving the volunteer into life of a foreign country and its minority community;
- promoting tolerance, interculturality and equality;
- facilitating development of creative and communication skills, fostering intercultural learning, supporting mutual understanding between the volunteer and the youth of Estonia.
We intend this project to bring positive and stimulating influence on the volunteer himself, as well as on the youth she will be in contact with. This project facilitates personal growth of the volunteer, making his more independent and self-confident, ready to take initiative and bring ideas to life.
This is individual volunteering. We aim to provide the volunteer opportunities to realize own ideas and aspirations in action through working with the youth. Main activities in our organization includes:
Ø Working with the youngsters and children in our NGO as well as our local partners (other NGOs and schools);
Ø Working in urban and suburban camps during school holidays;
Ø Teaching language and leading events on introducing volunteer culture to the local youth and anyone interested;
Ø Organizing and taking part in various projects, workshops, events, entertainment activities together with youngsters;
Ø Leading workshops on different topics, all developed by volunteer with help of NGO staff.
Ø Take initiative and realize own ideas in action (write own local project, organize event for children or other entertainment).
The main focus of work will be in the Youth Club Active centre, where volunteer will try first-hand the methods of non-formal education.
Event from Inaki
@youthclubactiveСпасибо Иньяки за такой крутой ивент♬ SNAP – High and Fast – Rosa Linn
Event from Inaki
@youthclubactiveОчень крутой ивент 🔥♬ The Ketchup Song (Aserejé) – Spanish Version – Las Ketchup
Inaki Farewell party
@youthclubactiveThank you for being yourself so amazing person! We already miss you 😭♬ Viva La Vida – Coldplay