«Can EVS Count as a Life Diploma?» is an EVS project in which involved 1 volunteer from Romania Băcan Cristian
Title: «Can EVS Count as a Life Diploma?»
Preliminary date: 06/10/2017 – 06/10/2018 (12 months)
Project Number: 2017-2-EE01-KA105-034932
Project Venues: Tallinn (NGO Youth Club Active), Tammispea Village (NGO Youth Centre Vihasoo), Estonia
The aim of this EVS is to expand an opportunity for a volunteer to learn and develop through doing a year-long EVS project with children and youth in our organisation. Hence the project title is ‘Can EVS Count as a Life Diploma?’, which is connected to the main aim and idea of the project. We offer many opportunities for a volunteer in both participating and taking initiative in developing activities, and through working with kids, to develop him/herself.
- To present to a volunteer the non-formal learning through the priorities of the Erasmus+ project, to create an appropriate timetable for a volunteer according to his/her needs and abilities, realising his/her potential in the best and right way.
- To involve the volunteer and youth in the self-assessment process, to think about what they have learnt from this cooperation and communication.
- To present a Youth Pass certificate to the volunteer and to go through the self-evaluation process with it.
- To give an opportunity for the volunteer to create a workshop and to realise own admissions in action in our organisation.
- To give the support for achieving results in the volunteer work.
- To transfer the experience that will be gained during all stages of the EVS project.
- To disseminate the outcomes and results of the EVS project in the home country, promoting the EVS project among the youth.
- To build up creative and communication skills, to support intercultural learning, to foster mutual understanding between the volunteer and young people or/and children from Estonia.
The NGO Youth Club Active with close cooperation with NGO Youth centre Vihasoo is provided to volunteers work in the youth field.
The role of the organization is to promote the non-formal education, to involve youngsters in different social activities and international projects.
We have the big sphere of work with youth and ready to offer to volunteers be a part of our organization, express themselves and try to develop themselves by doing different activities in our organization.
The biggest part of work will be focused in Tallinn youth in Youth Club Active and sometimes work will be in the second territory of organization Vihasoo - suburban camp Vihasoo (Tammispea village). There will be organized children camps and different projects for children and youth, where the volunteers will be the biggest part. The volunteers will have all services for work in both territories.
The main activities for volunteers are:
- Organising and leading the workshops in the Youth Club Active centre (the activity depends on the skills and knowledge of the volunteers, i.e. language courses, physical activity, theatre, music, IT, media, etc);
- Participating in and coordinating local projects for children and youth;
- Participating and organising entertainment activities and events for children and youth (i.e. concerts, games, competitions, holidays, vacation, etc);
- Working in urban and suburban camps during the school holidays in all-weather seasons;
- Cooperating with other local partner youth organisations, coordinating projects with them and participating in other activities;
- Taking initiative and realising own ideas in action (writing own local projects, organising events or other entertaining activities for children).
Mentor: Alexander Chebykin