"Do step forward" is an EVS project in which involved 1 volunteer from Croatia - Natalija Petrina
Title: " Do step forward".
Preliminary date: 06/03/2016 – 06/03/2017 (12 month)
Project Number: 2015-3-EE01-KA105-016940
Project Venues: Tallinn (NGO Youth Club Active), Tammispea Village (NGO Youth Centre Vihasoo), Estonia
- To expand opportunity of learning and self-development of the volunteers from different countries through doing EVS project with children and youth in our organization, using own initiative for realizing different ideas in action and receive huge intercultural exchange.
• To present the non-formal learning to volunteers through the priorities of Erasmus+ programme, create the appropriate timetable to volunteer according to volunteer wishes and abilities.
• Involve volunteers and youth in self-assessment process, to think about what they have learnt from this cooperation and communication.
• Provide to volunteers 'YouthPass' certificate and make through it the self-evaluation process.
• Create an own workshop and realize own admissions in action in our organization.
• Give the support for achieving results in volunteer work.
• Transfer the experience which will be gained at all stages of EVS project
• Disseminate outcomes and results from the EVS project in their mother countries, to promote the EVS project among other youth
• Build up creative and communication skills, support intercultural learning, foster mutual understanding between volunteers from different countries and young people or children from Estonia.
The main activities for volunteer are:
• Work with youth and children in our organization
• Organization and participation in different projects, courses, events, entertainers from our organization (for example, the project Serve the City in Tallinn, where we are volunteer in different orphan houses one day, or cooperation with local schools and youth centres)
• Lead own workshop for children and youth (according to volunteer interests and abilities)
• Work in urban and suburban camps with children from 7-15 years old
• Develop herself and participate in suitable projects which can help in his/her work with youth, also be a part of different workshops which are provided by our organization.
• Realize own ideas in active (manage different events, projects, meetings, for example, intercultural evening)
• Be active participant in projects and events which are provided by our organization
Video interview with Natalia Petrina - https://youtu.be/1cNEh_m6GQY
Mentor: Aleksandra Makarova